We kick off our market season tomorrow at Pulaski’s The Marketplace Farmer’s Market.
Come join us there and stock up on fresh harvests of:
- Mixed loose leaf lettuces
- Salad Turnips
- New potatoes
- +/- Tomato plants (Cherokee Purple, Striped German, German Johnson, Yellow Brandywine, Black Cherry, Glacier)
The Marketplace is located in downtown Pulaski at the train depot. It offers a variety of craft vendors, artisans, meats, produce and more. You can also grab a bite to eat, enjoy a beverage from places such as West Wind Winery, and listen to some music while you shop.
Please join us and stock up tomorrow. We will NOT be at the Marketplace next Tuesday due to day job schedule conflicts.
See ya tomorrow!
I know I know…it is a challenge to think about any Farmer’s Markets today what with snow falling from the sky and the ever-greening grass disappearing from sight beneath the white.
BUT….I am excited to tell you that market season IS approaching.
- Seems like forever ago that we were at the train depot in Pulaski, but the good news is that soon we will be back there, enjoying the music, drink, good eats and great friends every Tuesday night beginning May 20th.
- Also in the works is our return to the Blacksburg Community Farmer’s Market located on South Main Street. We are still awaiting word from that group, so stay posted. If all goes well, we will be at that market on Saturdays, starting in May.
- Finally, we are pleased to be joining the efforts of the Village Gourmet located at Warm Hearth Village (WHV) to offer a farmer’s market to residents and all members of the local community. This market is planned for Thursday evenings and will feature good eats, drinks and music to welcome in the end of the work week!
Please keep watch of the “Market Schedule” section (right side of the web page just above the calendar) for announcements of all market dates, times, locations and any up-coming events. Additionally, in keeping with our mission to make delicious and nutritious food widely available to all, we have completed that application process for SNAP/EBT equipment. We will update you on the status of our application once it is known. We have high hopes that we will be successful in this endeavor and will be very pleased to add this layer of service!!!!
Now back to up-coming events for a moment…I’ve one I’d like to announce that is coming up in May. We’ll be collaborating with WHV and the Village Gourmet to help support their NRV ECO EXPO happening at the WHV Village Center, a spectacular venue, on May 10th from 10am-4pm. This event highlights sustainable living in our region. Check it out, there will be a lot of cool things going on for everyone:
May 10th NRV ECO EXPO
Here’s to spring and the coming market season!!!