This week’s featured fruit…CUCUMBERS…so let’s get cooking! We have oodles of cucumbers coming in, so I thought I would browse the internet for some recipe suggestions.
Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream and Dill Dressing Recipe
Everyday Food Fresh Flavor Fast, 2010 http://www.marthastewart.com/317461/cucumber-salad-with-sour-cream-and-dill
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream (I’d stick with the real deal, personally)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 to 6 Kirby cucumbers (about 1 pound), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (I would use any and all cucumber varieties for this one)
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, lemon juice, and dill. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk well to combine.
- Add cucumbers, and toss to coat. Garnish with more dill, if desired. Serve, or refrigerate, covered, up to 4 hours.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.