This recipe sounds so delicious. I cannot wait to try it. Sorry for forgetting to bring it with me to Saturday’s market.
Roasted Delicata Squashes and Lady Apples
Martha Stewart Living, November 2012
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 delicata squashes (1 1/2 pounds total), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, seeds removed
- 10 lady apples (1 1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 6 ounces slab bacon, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then cut crosswise into lardons (1/2 inch wide)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss together squashes, apples, oil, sugar, bacon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; season with pepper. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast until golden on bottom, about 50 minutes. Flip squashes and apples over, and roast until tender, about 5 minutes more. Sprinkle thyme over mixture, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.